From: Friedenthal, Sanford
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 12:58 PM
To: Friedenthal, Sanford; 'firstname.lastname@example.org'; 'Abbas.email@example.com';
'firstname.lastname@example.org'; 'email@example.com'; 'firstname.lastname@example.org';
'Terry.Robar@motorola.com'; Barker, Thomas;
Subject: SE DSIG Update (April 30, 2002)
SE DSIG participants,
The following is a brief update as of 4/30/02 relative to the SE DSIG
activities. The status updates are included on the SE DSIG website at
http://syseng.omg.org under "work in progress". PLEASE NOTE THAT
RESPONSES to the UML FOR SE RFI ARE DUE MAY 31 PER BELOW.
* The SE Conceptual Model Team, led by Dave Oliver, has prepared a
draft update of the SE conceptual model. JD Baker is currently
capturing the update in a UML modeling tool.
* The SE UML Prototyping Team, led by Rick Steiner, has begun to
develop a metamodel for the elevator sample problem which is based on
the current SE Conceptual model baseline (thanks to Abbas). Rick has
assigned an action to the team to determine how to represent these SE
Concepts in UML. The concepts include system, subsystem, component,
behavror, function, functional and non-functional requirements, etc.
* Sandy and Roger are drafting the preliminary requirements analysis for UML for SE based on the available inputs referred to in the 4/5/02 status, including the baseline conceptual model, previous UML V2.0 RFI inputs for SE, and other reference papers. The requirements analysis draft will be reviewed at the June meeting in Orlando, and continue to evolve as additonal inputs are made available. The evolving document will also be made available to the V2.0 Submission teams, to begin to evaluate the extent to which the submissions address SE concerns.
* The UML 2.0 SE Review Team, led by Roger Burkhart, is rescheduling the April 25 meeting with Cris Kobryn, which was cancelled due to schedule conflicts.
* We received our first response to the UML for SE RFI from Ingmar Ogren, which is available at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?syseng/2002-04-02. I have also received preliminary acknowledgements from several companies and individuals who are planning to respond to the RFI. Responses are due May 31, 2002 to be considered for the June meeting in Orlando, and August 16,2002 to be considered for the September meeting. I encourage each of you to help solicit and/or provide responses to this RFI, which is available from the SE DSIG website or directly at http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?ad/2002-01-17.
OMG SE DSIG Chair
Lockheed Martin Corporation